Even two months after BC’s gaming industry review was launched, effort is on to ensure money launderers stay out of casinos. An interim report is likely to come soon while full results can be out by 2018.
David Eby, the Attorney General ordered the review back in September. It was issued after a report of someone at River Rock Casino of Richmond accepting over $13 million in $20 bills surfaced. The Attorney General is in touch with attorney Peter German. The latter is actually the author of Canada’s top selling textbook on the theme of money laundering.
The Attorney General said he asked Mr. German to inform about any issue even before the final report gets published. Eby added he is not aware if any, link to the drug dealers and gangsters has been found who are suspected to be involved in money laundering cases in the local casinos.
The final report from Mr. German is due by March next year- as per the updates. He is now involved in activities like reviewing documents, meeting with the regulator and BC Lottery Corporation. The public will be informed of new developments soon.
Our Top Rated Online Casinos
- Get 100% back on your first 4 deposits
- Experience secure deposits and quick withdrawals
- Play the biggest jackpots available online
- Take part in rewarding monthly promotions
- Sign up now and expect a generous $1000 welcome bonus
- Huge variety of casino games including slots, table and video poker
- Spin Palace will ensure non-stop entertainment and great promotions
- Banking using some of Canada's most popular methods