Paypal has been in operation since 1999, and is arguably considered to be the most predominant e-wallet payment method around. The service enables financial transactions between buyers and sellers over the internet through the use of encryption software. At present, PayPal has more than 100 million active users in 190 different markets around the world.
How does PayPal work?
PayPal works like a pre-paid electronic account from which you can make internet payments to vendors such as online casinos. Your PayPal account can be funded via bank transfer or credit card, and it can also be linked to a credit card for future automatic withdrawals towards payments into your online casino account. Alternatively, you can open a separate PayPal account that is linked to a credit card solely dedicated to your gambling activities – this will also help you regulate your spending, as well as keep track of your winnings.
What are the advantages of using PayPal?
- PayPal users enjoy complete online anonymity and safety from hackers, as their credit card or banking information is only disclosed during the registration process and not during every transaction.
- Multiple bank accounts, debit- and credit cards can be set up to fund your PayPal account. This way, should one card decline PayPal will look for funds in the other sources available to ensure your purchases always go through.
- Money is instantly transferred at the click of the mouse, no matter where in the world the recipient is based.
- PayPal is completely free to use. There are no processing fees or services charges.
- With PayPal you can review your transaction history, allowing you to better manage your spending.
- Apple iPhone users can get the PayPal app from the iTunes store and make online purchases on the go. All transactions need to be confirmed with a pin code, so your money is safe in the event that your phone goes missing.
Is PayPal safe to use at online casinos?
PayPal employs the same security measures as used by large financial institutions. All information is encrypted and kept strictly between you and PayPal, making it safer than giving your details directly to every single merchant you’re buying from. In the event of any threat, rather than cancelling your bank cards and informing your online creditors, you merely have to secure your PayPal account.
Do I have to pay fees when using PayPal to fund my casino account?
PayPal is completely free to use for online payments at multiple vendors. It is only the merchant that has to pay a service fee.
Which online casinos accept PayPal payments?
- $1000 welcome package
- Great casino games and sports betting
- Over 500 slots and table games
- Poker rooms open 24/7
- Operational since 2006
- $1500 Welcome package over 5 deposits
- 270+ top quality games
- Secure and efficient banking
- Licensed in the United Kingdom
- Awarded "Best Online Casino of 2015"
How do I open a PayPal account?
You can create a user account by going to PayPal’s website or through the app store on your mobile. The registration process on both platforms is roughly the same and involves the following steps:
- Select the “Sign Up for Free” tab
- Type in your email address and create a password.
- Complete the personal information form.
- Enter your credit/ debit card, or bank account information.
- Confirm your email address to verify and activate your new account.
- Link your bank account and credit or debit cards.
- You can now start doing online transactions by selecting the PayPal logo on your desired vendor’s web page.
How do I make a payment to my online casino account using PayPal?
On the casino’s cashier or banking page, look for the PayPal logo under the suggested payment options. Upon clicking on the logo a page will appear that needs to be completed with basic information and the intended deposit amount. As soon as you have confirmed the payment, it will be transferred to the casino’s account instantly. You will also be able to view the transaction in your PayPal account.
Can I withdraw my funds from my online casino account using PayPal?
Online casinos that accept PayPal will allow you to make withdrawals provided you used the PayPal method to make a deposit, and that it is linked to a valid credit card or banking account. Simply select PayPal as your method for cashing out, and the money will be credited to your account automatically.
In which countries is PayPal accepted?
Online casinos can only offer PayPal as a deposit or withdrawal method in countries that hold valid gambling licenses. Accepted countries are Germany, UK, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Finland, Denmark, Sweden and Austria.
Where can I learn more about PayPal?
You can learn more about PayPal by visiting their website: www.paypal.com