Baccarat is also known as Punto Banco and is played on a table roughly the same size as a craps table. 3 Dealers are required and a playing session can include up to 14 players. Before play kicks off players need to decide whether to bet on the banker (banco), the player (punto) or a tie, and then simply watch the action unfold during the actual game. The objective is to bet for the side that scores the closest to a 9 point total.
Top Rated Baccarat Casinos Online
The Rules of Baccarat
Card values in Baccarat are:
- Ace = 1
- 2 to 9 = face value
- 10, Jack, Queen & King = 0
Two hands are dealt, sometimes by players in turn, sometimes by the dealer only, depending on the casino. Players then have to bet which side will win or if there will be a tie. Players can choose not to deal and pass the deck on, but each player, including the dealer, has to bet. When the bank wins the dealership remains with the player, and when the player wins the dealership is passed on.
Each hand is made up of either 2 or 3 cards. 2 cards are placed face down under the dealer-shoe, and 2 are handed face down to the player who wagered the most on a player (punto) win. The punto player hands the cards back to the dealer after looking at them and one of the dealers will announce the winner.
The game is structured in such a way that players can never go bust and overreach 9. The ten value of each hand falls away and only the last number is in play. I.e. where a 7 and 9 is dealt together the total becomes 6 instead of 16. In cases where either the bank or a player is dealt an 8 or 9 face card, the hand becomes “neutral” and no further card is added. A tie is announced should the value be the same on each end, and when neither party have reached either tie or neutral, a third card needs to be dealt.
There are very specific rules attached to third-card deals. It can only occur when:
- A hand is declared neutral
- A players hand value is less than or equal to 5
- A player refuses a third card, then the bank’s hand will stand on 6, but will draw a third card on 5 or less
- The bank’s total is 2 or less, irrespective of the player’s third card
- The bank’s total is 3, unless player’s third card is 8
- The bank’s total is 4, unless the player’s third card is 0,1,8 or 9
- The bank’s tot al is 5, and the player’s third card is 4, 5, 6 or 7
- The bank’s total is 6, and the player’s third card is 6 or 7
- The bank stands on a total of 7
Real Money Baccarat Tips
Here are some common strategies winners employ when playing Baccarat online:
- Winners don’t take note of patterns. Every hand dealt is viewed as an isolated event, separate to the last.
- Winners bet on the banker to eliminate the house advantage as much as possible.
- Winners don’t count cards.
- Winners don’t use progressive betting systems. They know it won’t eliminate the house advantage and will equate to big losses in the long run.
- Winners set a gambling budget, and stick to it. Win or lose, when they’ve reached their limit, they walk away.